Tags

, , , ,

I didn’t think it possible to finish Estelle before the cold spring ended, but since we keep getting blocks of frigid days, even some light snow, indeed I did.  I really wasn’t too pleased with it right after I finished it, but a good blocking helped immensely.  It feels softer and drapier, the sleeves are long enough and I didn’t stretch them, the band up the fronts and around the neckline lay much better.  I am glad it doesn’t button, because yet again, I knit up 2 full sizes larger than my bust size and it would pull if it had buttons.  Yes, I did a gauge swatch, several actually since I couldn’t get gauge with the recommended needle so I fiddled with several size needles before getting gauge.  Estelle is a Quince and Co. pattern, made of Quince and Co. Lark in Delft color.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Yesterday while it was blocking, I sat and moved buttons on the last cardigan I made, the V necked cardi from Ann Budd that also seemed small when complete.  I had purchased some very fine Raku fired clay buttons for it and managed to lose one when I took the train to Northern Virginia to babysit during semester break.  After carefully moving the top one down to the missing space and putting retaining buttons on the backs, I broke one putting my coat over it last evening.  Now instead of 5, I have 3, the broken one can be reglued, but I fear they just aren’t sturdy enough for the sweater.  I purchased some different buttons on my way to knitting last night, so I think I will reblock that sweater after I take the pottery buttons off and then put the new ones on tomorrow.

Sorry for the fuzzy shot, I can’t find the original and copied it from my projects folder on Ravelry.

The Honey Cowl has been repaired and I have almost used one skein of the yarn for it.  I think using half of the second, which would make it the yardage for which the pattern requires will make it too wide for the circumference.  I’m not a fan of bunchy garments around my neck, so I may bind off at the end of this skein in another row or two and use the remaining skein for mitts or a hat.

wpid-20140327_102220.jpg

My Addi Sock Rocket needles came and I went back to work on the never ending socks, Socks for the Plane is the pattern and I can only knit about two rows with the size 1 needle before my hands ache.  I think they really will be never ending.  I only need a few more inches of cuff to be done with them and I will have completed my first toe up pair, though I have enough yarn left to make them knee hi socks.

wpid-20140327_103037.jpg

I am adjusting to my new spinning wheel and have been spinning the undyed Shetland wool.  I’m thinking about folding her up into her backpack and going to the spinning group today, I haven’t been in several weeks.

The only other UFO is a reknit of a shawl that I adored when it was finished, but I carelessly left it on my chair one day when our German Shepherd was younger and she chewed a half dollar size hole right in the middle.  I frogged it and started over knowing it will be somewhat smaller due to the loss of the short strands on each side of the hole.  I’ll post it when it is finished again, but it is a throw in my bag and take in the car project and we have no trips planned, so it may be a while.

Advertisements